Skip to main content
Creating Your Certified Teacher Event
Step 1: Login and/or Create an account on the iRest Institute (IRI) website.
- Visit www.irest.org and click "My Account" in the top right. Once logged in, skip to Step 2 below.
- If you aren't able to login, you may need to request a new password or register for a new account. Accounts are tied to email addresses and each user needs their own unique email address.
- If you requested a new password, use the same email address to register/login as the "request a password" message was sent to.
- Once you have established an account and are logged in, follow the detailed steps below.
Step 2: Navigate to the Teachers Resource Page
- Visit https://www.irest.org/resources/graduate/level-i.
- Locate the Teacher Calendar section (if you are browsing from a desktop this will likely be in the right menu, if you are browsing on mobile, this will likely be a the bottom of the page).
- Click the Create a Certified Teacher Event link.
Step 3: Fill out the Information for your Event
- Title: Enter a title for your event (example: iRest Yoga Nidra Weekly Class). Title elements will be reflected in the teacher event page url. Host should be the organization doing registration for this class (example: Yoga Garden).
- URL: This should be a link to the registration page for that class.
- Region: This determines where you will show up on various searches. (If you choose Australasia, your event will show up on the Australasia event page as well as the main certified teacher events page which shows ALL certified teacher events .)
- Location Name: This is a good place to put the name of the Venue (example: Campus Building 2). The rest of location is pretty self explanatory.
- Date and Time: For a single event, both start and end dates can be the same day, please ensure start and end times reflect the beginning and end of event. For multiple events, it would be best to create an event for each date. However, if you want it all in one event, you can set the start date to the start date and time of your first event, and the end date to the end date and time of your last event. (Example: May 5, 2018, 3pm to May 20, 2018, 4pm)
- Event Image: Upload a jpg image for your event.
- Event Flyer: You can not currently upload a flyer to our website. If you wish to share an event flyer, this is best accomplished with an event page link to your website or the host website.
- Description: Enter basic information about your event. Here are some guidelines:
- If this is a recurring event (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc) we suggest you include this information in the first line of the event description, e.g. ”Experience iRest meditation the 2nd Wednesday of each month, 6:30-7:30pm” or “Experience the deep relaxation of iRest every Thursday evening at 8:00 pm”.
- If you wish to include a phone contact, the event description is the best place to add this information.
- It is best to keep the description word count to less than 200 words. If you wish to share more information providing a link to your website or the host website is best practice.