You spend about one third of your life asleep.
The quality of your sleep largely dictates the quality of your life experience. It impacts your mood, mental health, immunity, brain function, and digestion. Better sleep equates to better living.
As sleep expert and neuroscientist, Matthew Walker explains “Sleep is the foundation of good health but studies show that one in three of adults don’t get enough sleep. We’re a chronically sleep deprived society.”
Research proves iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation highly effective for supporting healthy sleep and reducing insomnia. It’s a simple, accessible, cost-effective option with zero side effects.
If you’re looking for practical tools to help improve sleep quality, or address sleep disorders, join recovering insomniac and Senior iRest Teacher, Robin Carnes for this restful and informative half-day workshop. You’ll learn:
- The science behind proper sleep, why it’s important, and how it benefits your life
- The latest research on the autonomic nervous system’s crucial role in sleep
- How the 10-step iRest protocol enables quality sleep
- Practical exercises to use at bedtime
- A movement routine to prepare for sleep
- Breathing techniques to support going to sleep or falling back asleep
Robin will close with an extended sleep-specific iRest practice.
This workshop will benefit you if:
- You’re regularly getting less than eight hours of quality sleep every night You struggle to fall asleep
- You wake up in the night and can’t fall back asleep
- You want to optimize your sleep
- You want to explore how iRest Yoga Nidra benefits your sleep and rest quality
- You’re interested in how to work with your nervous system to sleep better
- You want to learn tools to share with your students, clients, family, or friends for getting better sleep
It’s never too late to start sleeping better, improving your health, and enhancing the quality of your waking life.
All participants will receive these three resources for use as needed:
- iRest Yoga Nidra for Sleep (Audio)
- Breathing Exercise for Sleep (Audio)
- Bedtime Movement Routine for Sleep (Video)
"Robin Carnes is an outstanding teacher. Her deep knowledge, physical embodiment, detailed instruction and concern for her students is clear. Robin shares it all with a playful attitude. 'Don’t try too hard—Be gentle with yourself' is her motto." —Dr. Mary Mason
Learn the Truth About 3 Common Sleep Myths
Early Bird: $99 USD
Early bird pricing is available through October 6
Regular: $149 USD
Scholarships are available.
All times are listed in Pacific Standard Time (PST). Please note, November 6th is daylight savings time and our clocks will be moving back an hour. Make sure not to show up an hour early!
Zoom orientation: 2:45 - 3:00 pm
Program: 3:00 - 6:30 pm