The 2022 skill-building workshop series offers iRest teachers of all experience levels eight new, enriching themes to explore with eight different Senior iRest Trainers—each guiding a session in an area of their expertise.
Each session is designed to elevate your teaching, deepen your experiential knowledge, and enable you to learn together in community with other iRest teachers.
From April to November, each live online monthly workshop will be held for three hours. You also have the option to watch the recordings at your own pace. When purchasing the series, you will have access to all of the recordings until January 31, 2023.
You’ll explore the session’s theme as a group guided by your teacher, gaining new insight before sharing and collaborating in breakout rooms, and then integrating together through discussion and a nourishing iRest Yoga Nidra practice.
This Series is for all iRest Teachers Who:
- Are seeking community and a place to share their experiences and ask questions
- Want to deepen their understanding of specific aspects of iRest Yoga Nidra
- Want to explore how to teach in a trauma-informed, adaptable, and effective manner
- Want to increase their confidence and skills in delivering iRest to groups and individuals
- Want to learn from different Senior Trainers with specialized expertise
- Are able to join us live for one three-hour Saturday session per month, for eight months, or are happy to watch session recordings
All sessions will be recorded and will be available to review for 8 weeks following the end of each session.
Monthly Workshop Details:
Session 1 - April 9
Resting in Not Knowing: Teaching from Where You Are with James Reeves
- Explore how the kanchuka of vidya (the perceived limitation of not knowing) plays out in your personal and professional life
- Develop the tools to meet students free of this perceived limitation within yourself, as you rest in the deep permission that ‘not-knowing’ offers
- Explore languaging and strategies within your group delivery of iRest that invite students to explore the kanchuka of vidya for themselves, and support them to cultivate the liberating current of not-knowing in their own lives
Session 2 - May 14
Teaching iRest to Beginners: Welcoming 101 with Jennifer Cabanero
- Consider and explore different ways of presenting and talking about Welcoming
- Develop a repertoire of teaching tools with authentic stories and metaphors to aid in engaged learning
- Learn how to “interview” to gain insight into the languaging that will be most helpful for the particular group you’re leading
Session 3 - June 11
But What About Me? Exploring the Asmitamaya Kosha in iRest with Kathleen Knipp
- Gain a confident, direct understanding of what constitutes asmitamaya
- Explore the role of asmitamaya in the iRest protocol for group delivery, how and when it can be integrated, and how to most effectively language this kosha
- Learn specific ways to explore asmitamaya in your own practice and in your teaching
Session 4 - July 9
iRest Micro Practices: Meditation within Daily Life with Nöle Giulini
- Creatively explore ways for yourself and your students to integrate the inquiry and practices of iRest into the limitless possibilities of day-to-day contexts – while walking the dog, waiting in traffic, being in conversation
- Inclusively expand the definition of iRest meditation in such a way that all students will be empowered to practice regardless of schedules and life circumstances
- Build your repertoire of inspiring mini-practices that you can offer to your students as homework or as supplemental practices
Session 5 - August 13
Fearlessly Teaching iRest for Trauma with Jill Peterson
- Consider challenges around trauma amongst your students that may arise in a group delivery, and learn how to best respond
- Explore what it means to be embodied as a teacher, and why this is so important when holding the space for meditative inquiry
- Identify your beliefs and fears around encountering others’ trauma, and build an authentic, informed confidence in your role as an iRest teacher
Session 6 - September 24
Accessing the Transformative Potential of Opposites in iRest with Ford Peck
- Examine the root cause of suffering around any experience, and learn how to best apply the practice of opposites in a way that is relevant and transformational to your students
- Transform your teaching of opposites to proactively build resiliency for yourself and the people around you
- Refine your understanding of the source teachings and guiding principles that inform the application of opposites, and consider how to best present this practice to your students
Session 7 - October 22
Key Components of iRest: Skillfully Shortening a Group Delivery with Karen Soltes
- Develop confidence in how to shorten the protocol when circumstances demand, while maintaining the essence of iRest meditation
- Explore essential features of iRest in order to inform your understanding of how to abbreviate a practice
- Consider the nuts and bolts of shortening a practice while maintaining the structure of the protocol
Session 8 - November 19
Teaching Anandamaya in iRest: Explorations in Joy with Barbara Eastham
- Clarify the definition and essence of the anandamaya kosha
- Identify common pitfalls in languaging that may unintentionally exclude certain individuals, and consider how to best guide those students not easily accessing joy during iRest practices
- Learn how to create and apply a continuum of joy in your iRest delivery
Complete 8-session bundle:
$270 USD - Teachers Community Network (TCN) Pricing* (8 workshops for the price of 6)
$699 USD - Regular Pricing (8 workshops for the price of 7)
Scholarships are available.
*Want to join the TCN to receive the discount? First log into your account. Once logged in, click on "Community" then click on "Join TCN" and complete the short form. Your TCN membership takes one day to process, so please wait 24 hours to register for the Skill-Building Workshop bundle or for an individual session after you sign up for the TCN.
Already a TCN member? Make sure you log into your account before you register in order to receive the discount.
- Each workshop will be recorded and you can watch the replays until January 31, 2023.
- By registering for this workshop you are acknowledging that a recording may be used widely at a future date.
9:30 AM–12:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time (The November session will be held in Pacific Standard Time)
Zoom orientation begins 15 minutes before the start time.
Minimum requirement: Completion of Level 1 iRest Teacher Training.
You’ll receive a brief welcome email before the day of each workshop. We recommend reviewing the contents so that you’re prepared.