“Knowledge more secret than the science of breath, wealth more useful than the science of breath, a friend truer than the science of breath, has never been seen or heard of.” —Śivagama
This quarterly pranayama series, Going Deeper: Breathing for Life—The Principles, Foundations and Practice of Prāṇāyāma is a continuation of Richard Miller’s year-long course.
If you’ve studied prāṇāyāma with Richard before and want ongoing support for your home practice, or to deepen your understanding, this 4-session series is for you.
You’ll continue exploring the underlying philosophy, theory, structure, energetics, and practice of prāṇāyāma live online with Richard and your community in 2023. Each session will support you in maintaining a regular and effective prāṇāyāma practice.
Each session includes a lecture, an in-depth guided practice, and extended time for Q&A. Between sessions, you can ask Richard your questions and connect with your fellow community members.
All registrants receive:
- Four 2-hour live online sessions
- An exploration of the underlying philosophy, theory, structure, energetics, and practice of prāṇāyāma
- Updated and new prāṇāyāma session material
- Recordings of each session which will be available until February 6, 2024.
- Access to the Participant Resources Page with a forum for asking Richard your questions any time and exploring the teachings with your community
These four sessions are open to:
- Participants of the 2022 year-long prāṇāyāma course (whether you attended live or watched the recordings)
- Anybody who’s taken part in a prāṇāyāma Immersion through Soul of Yoga
Frequently Asked Questions
Are suggested readings and supplementary meditations/contemplations part of this series?
Yes. An updated Breathing for Life manual and between-session readings and practices are part of the series.
I have limited time during my week to practice. Will these sessions be helpful for me?
Yes, the purpose of these sessions is to help you sustain your personal practice of prāṇāyāma.
I may need to miss a session due to a prior commitment. Can I still join?
Please do! Each quarterly session meets from 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesdays in March, June, September, and December 2023. If you can’t make a live session, you can watch the recording any time.
Tuesdays, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
March 14, June 13, Sept 12, Dec 12, 2023
Participation in Richard Miller's 2022 year-long course, Breathing for Life—The Principles, Foundations and Practice of Prāṇāyāma