iRest Level 1 Teacher Training
May 13—18, 2023
Perth, Western Australia
What does an iRest Teacher Training entail?
It’s a 5-day practical and experiential program that teaches the research-backed 10-Step iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation protocol. The iRest Level 1 Teacher Training offers you all of the tools and experience required to deeply enrich your personal practice and teach the fundamentals of iRest to others.
This training is dedicated time to embark on a journey to discover your unwavering inner resource of wellbeing and unlock simple and profound tools that transform how you meet yourself, navigate life and learn to support others to do the same.
Is this training right for me?
Yes! If you’re looking for a transformative experience and in-depth exploration into the origin, evolution, and practical application of this secular meditation practice. It’s something that anyone can do and everyone can benefit from.
Our students usually fall into three categories:
The self-practitioners: People from all over the world who are seeking authentic connection, relief from inner turmoil, or are simply curious about meditation as a tool for self-inquiry.
The 1-on-1 practitioners: Yoga therapists, psychologists, clinicians, and practitioners of the healing arts looking to learn new skills and incorporate this complementary practice into their toolbox.
The group facilitators: Professionals looking to teach iRest to people in general settings like yoga classes and more specialized treatment facilities such as rehabilitation centers.
What will I learn?
- How to better understand your thoughts, emotions, and difficult experiences so that you can use them as messengers toward inner freedom and renewed ease.
- How to move beyond attachment and identification with your body, mind, and experiences to uncover feelings of peace, wholeness and authenticity.
- How to apply the 10-step iRest protocol in your own life and deliver it as an offering to individuals and groups.
By the end of the training you’ll be confident and competent in your personal practice and ability to guide and teach others.
Students have shared that this training has been one of the most transformative experiences of their lives.
“Once I felt the power of the practice for myself, all I wanted to do was share it with others.“ — Mary Steinberg
“I’ve seen over and over again how iRest has completely transformed people’s lives—mine included. It gave me an absolute perspective shift, a reset, and transformed the way I relate to myself, to life, and to everyone around me.” — Una Hubbard
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need prior experience? No prior experience in meditation or yoga is necessary.
- Is this religious or traditional? No. iRest is intentionally designed as an inclusive secular protocol.
- Can I take this training if I’m struggling with trauma, PTSD, anxiety, or depression? Absolutely. iRest is beneficial for everyone and our teachers are trained to hold a safe and supportive environment for you.
- What does the research say? iRest is effective in reducing feelings of stress, worry, and depression. It brings calm and ease, improves sleep, and reduces trauma-related symptoms. You can read the specific research papers here.
3 Nelson Cres
Perth, Western Australia 9004 Australia
*All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD)
Early Bird Price: $1,700 AUD (Available until April 13, 2023)
Regular Price: $2,000 AUD
If you've already taken a Level 1 Training and would like to audit this training, please contact Sandy Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships are available for all iRest events.
Please visit the registration page and contact the host, Sandy Walker, with any questions regarding cancellations, refunds, and the attendance policy.
This schedule is listed in Australian Western Time. Feel free to convert the schedule to your time zone by clicking here.
13th May (Saturday)
Registration at 2:00 p.m.
Program 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
14th May (Sunday) to 17th May (Wednesday)
Program 8:30 a.m. - 6.30 p.m.
Lunch Break 12:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
18th May (Thursday)
Program 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Important Note: In order to receive a certificate of attendance designating you as a Level I Teacher-in-Training you must arrive on time every day and you must attend all training sessions. Please arrange your schedule and travel to ensure your full attendance.
Book | CD
Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing
by iRest Founder Richard Miller
Book | CD
The iRest Program for Healing PTSD: A Proven-Effective Approach to Using Yoga Nidra Meditation and Deep Relaxation Techniques to Overcome Trauma
by iRest Founder Richard Miller