Retreat is your opportunity to understand meditation at the deepest level. Meditation is not only something you do. It’s a way of living life.
Attending retreat is your opportunity to explore awakening and to engage the practices and experiences that enable you to feel and be fully authentic and alive. During retreat you can open to what you truly are—what can never be objectified but which is your very source essence—the underlying Mystery that has given birth to you, and the entire cosmos.
The invitation on retreat is to become fully alive, spontaneous, authentic, and self-actualized, across all levels of your humanness: body, mind, spirit, heart, gut, thoughts, emotions, speech and actions.
Learn the Core Principles of Meditation
During retreat you’ll learn and engage practices and principles that enable you to proactively respond to every circumstance in your life that feel harmonious, appropriate, and right to whatever life presents.
Embodying these principles and practices helps you build a strong meditation foundation on and off the mat, and support you in building a strong relationship with yourself, others, and the world around you, at home, at work, and at play.
Learn the Neuroscience Behind Meditation
During retreat you’ll learn and experientially explore what neuroscience reveals about what’s taking place in your body and mind when you meditate. This approach helps you to break free from compulsive thinking, emotional reactivity, and negative beliefs and conditioning. This understanding aids your ability to commit to a daily and ongoing practice of meditation.
Learn To Navigate Emotions and Reactivity To Foster Peace
Your sensations, feelings, emotions, and thoughts are ever-changing. During retreat, you can recognize these ever-changing movements as messengers that help you respond to every situation in your life, which enables you to feel deeply connected and in harmony with yourself and the world around you
Learning to respond, rather than react opens you to new insights and possibilities to overcome past conditioning, while building a solid foundation for the advanced practices of meditation that will be showcased during the retreat.
Unchanging joy, peace, compassion, loving kindness, resiliency, and wellbeing exist alongside, and independent of any achievement or changing states of your body, mind, or senses. Meditation doesn’t create these qualities. Rather, it unearths them as anchors that enable you to feel solidly grounded in unchanging wellbeing, no matter the ever-changing circumstances of your life.
Please join Richard and a community of like-minded practitioners in returning to source through these precious depth nondual teachings of meditation.
Topics covered on retreat include:
- The 38-stage map of nondual meditation
- The four phases of awakening
- The three levels, two paths, and ten core practices of meditation
- The role of intention, heartfelt desire, and inner resource
- The role of the six senses that support the felt-sense of being separate
- The role of the 7th sense that knows no separation
- Your innate ground of unchanging Wholeness and WellBeing
- Practices of attention, concentration, being, and awareness that deepen meditative absorption
- Working through compulsive thinking and emotional reactivity
- How to open to insight and infinite possibility
- Practices that nourish openness and heart-centered Presence
- How to work with emerging psychic material on and off your mat
- The four internal needs that enable you to meet, welcome, and respond to each moment
- Six practices for proactively responding to sensations, emotions, and cognitions
- Opposites of sensation, emotion, and cognition that lead to transformative insight
- Essential qualities of compassion, joy, equanimity, and loving-kindness
- The yoga of restful, wakeful sleep
During this all levels retreat you’ll engage in extended periods of meditation, BodySensing, BreathSensing, iRest Yoga Nidra, self-inquiry, co-meditation, and engaged dialogue.
These practices nourish inner stillness, support psychological integration, and spiritual awakening at all levels of body, mind and spirit.
4050 Mission Avenue
Oceanside, CA 92057 United States
This hybrid event is held both in-person and live online via Zoom.
Early Bird: $1,700 USD (Available until April 8, 2023)
Regular: $1,800 USD
Early Bird: $1,525 USD (Available until April 8, 2023)
Regular: $1,625 USD
Early Bird: $1,100 USD (Available until April 8, 2023)
Regular: $1,200 USD
Livestream participation via Zoom:
Early Bird: $800 USD (Available until April 8, 2023)
Regular: $900 USD
Scholarships applications are available for all iRest events.
Please visit the registration page and contact the host, Soul of Yoga, with any questions regarding cancellations, refunds, and attendance policy
All times are listed in Pacific Time.
Click here to convert this schedule to your local timezone.
Monday, May 8
3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. In-person arrival & registration
6:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. Livestream Zoom orientation
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Program
Tuesday-Friday, May 9-12
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Program
Saturday, May 13
7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Program