What does an iRest Teacher Training entail?
It’s a 5-day practical and experiential program that teaches the research-backed 10-Step iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation protocol. The iRest Level 1 Teacher Training offers you all of the tools and experience required to deeply enrich your personal practice and teach the fundamentals of iRest to others.
This training is dedicated time to embark on a journey to discover your unwavering inner resource of wellbeing and unlock simple and profound tools that transform how you meet yourself, navigate life and learn to support others to do the same.
Is this training right for me?
Yes! If you’re looking for a transformative experience and in-depth exploration into the origin, evolution, and practical application of this secular meditation practice. It’s something that anyone can do and everyone can benefit from.
Our students usually fall into three categories:
The self-practitioners: People from all over the world who are seeking authentic connection, relief from inner turmoil, or are simply curious about meditation as a tool for self-inquiry.
The 1-on-1 practitioners: Yoga therapists, psychologists, clinicians, and practitioners of the healing arts looking to learn new skills and incorporate this complementary practice into their toolbox.
The group facilitators: Professionals looking to teach iRest to people in general settings like yoga classes and more specialized treatment facilities such as rehabilitation centers.
What will I learn?
- How to better understand your thoughts, emotions, and difficult experiences so that you can use them as messengers toward inner freedom and renewed ease.
- How to move beyond attachment and identification with your body, mind, and experiences to uncover feelings of peace, wholeness and authenticity.
- How to apply the 10-step iRest protocol in your own life and deliver it as an offering to individuals and groups.
By the end of the training you’ll be confident and competent in your personal practice and ability to guide and teach others.
Students have shared that this training has been one of the most transformative experiences of their lives.
“Once I felt the power of the practice for myself, all I wanted to do was share it with others.“ — Mary Steinberg
“I’ve seen over and over again how iRest has completely transformed people’s lives—mine included. It gave me an absolute perspective shift, a reset, and transformed the way I relate to myself, to life, and to everyone around me.” — Una Hubbard
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need prior experience? No prior experience in meditation or yoga is necessary.
- Is this religious or traditional? No. iRest is intentionally designed as an inclusive secular protocol.
- Can I take this training if I’m struggling with trauma, PTSD, anxiety, or depression? Absolutely. iRest is beneficial for everyone and our teachers are trained to hold a safe and supportive environment for you.
- What does the research say? iRest is effective in reducing feelings of stress, worry, and depression. It brings calm and ease, improves sleep, and reduces trauma-related symptoms. You can read the specific research papers here.
€1100 - Early Bird Pricing *
€1200 - Regular Pricing
(* Early Bird pricing available through August 8, 2021)
Book | CD
Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing
by iRest Founder Richard Miller
Book | CD
The iRest Program for Healing PTSD: A Proven-Effective Approach to Using Yoga Nidra Meditation and Deep Relaxation Techniques to Overcome Trauma
by iRest Founder Richard Miller
† CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) (www.spiritualcompetency.com) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states or provinces other than California need to check with their state or province licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact the iRest Institute at email@example.com. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.