Skillfully guiding the practice of Opposites offers the profound possibility of unlocking suffering through the Welcoming of a polarity of experience. As iRest Teachers, pairing opposite sensations, feelings, emotions, and beliefs is a primary tool in our teaching skill set, as its use effectively supports meditative self inquiry for us and our students. Although the temptation to apply Opposites to try to neutralize or change an unpleasant experience is understandable, the transformative potential of Opposites lies in the Welcoming of a full range of experience—leading to a fundamental shift in how we perceive ourselves and experience itself.
In this skill-building workshop, with Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Senior iRest Trainer Ford Peck, you’ll:
- Examine the root cause of suffering around any experience and learn how to best apply the practice of Opposites in a way that is relevant and transformational for your students
- Transform your teaching of Opposites to proactively build resilience for yourself and the people around you
- Refine your understanding of the source teachings and guiding principles that inform the application of Opposites and consider how to best present this practice to your students
$45 - Teachers Community Network (TCN) Pricing
$99 - Regular Pricing
Scholarships are available.
Want to join the TCN to receive the discount? First log into your account. Once logged in, click on "Community" then click on "Join TCN" and complete the short form. Your TCN membership takes one day to process, so please register for this Skill-Building Workshop 24 hours after you sign up for the TCN.
Already a TCN member? Make sure you log into your account before you register in order to receive the 50% discount.
- Each workshop will be recorded and you can watch the replay for an 8-week period following each event.
- By registering for this workshop you are acknowledging that a recording may be used widely at a future date.
Minimum requirement: Completion of Level 1 iRest Teacher Training.