The guiding principle of Welcoming is intrinsic to the iRest teachings and practices. As iRest Teachers, we interweave welcoming into the language we choose and into the group practices we guide. At some point, we may want to orient students to this foundational principle in group or individual discussions. Orienting complete beginners to the importance of welcoming can be challenging. ‘Why,’ might they ask, ‘Would I possibly want to welcome discomfort, pain, or difficult emotions? I came here to find relief from all that!’
In this workshop, with Senior iRest Trainer Jennifer Cabanero, you will develop ease in responding to common areas of confusion, and you will gather specific tools, language, and approaches to effectively talk about and guide the principle of Welcoming. Students will not only look forward to returning to the next practice, they will have received an accessible invitation to support them in remembering their fundamental Wholeness.
During this skill-building workshop you’ll:
- Consider and explore different ways of presenting and talking about Welcoming
- Develop a repertoire of teaching tools with authentic stories and metaphors to aid in engaged learning
- Learn how to interview for gaining insight into the language that will be most helpful for the particular group you are leading
$45 - Teachers Community Network (TCN) Pricing
$99 - Regular Pricing
Scholarships are available.
Want to join the TCN to receive the discount? First log into your account. Once logged in, click on "Community" then click on "Join TCN" and complete the short form. Your TCN membership takes one day to process, so please register for this Skill-Building Workshop 24 hours after you sign up for the TCN.
Already a TCN member? Make sure you log into your account before you register in order to receive the 50% discount.
- Each workshop will be recorded and you can watch the replay for an 8-week period following each event.
- By registering for this workshop you are acknowledging that a recording may be used widely at a future date.
Minimum requirement: Completion of Level 1 iRest Teacher Training.