Many students coming to an iRest practice have histories of trauma, and as teachers, we may have our own trauma history. It’s natural as teachers to feel concern, doubt, and even anxiety, about delivering a practice that will likely evoke a myriad of responses from students. “What is okay to say? What do I do if someone has an abreaction? Are there rules to follow? What if a student didn’t like the practice or worse yet, tells me it increased their anxiety or trauma symptoms? And by the way, how do I manage my own fear?” Yikes! Not to worry, Clinical Psychologist and Senior iRest Trainer, Jill Peterson, will guide you into a spirited exploration of what it means to be fearlessly trauma sensitive in your iRest teaching.
In this skill-building workshop you’ll:
- Identify your beliefs and fears around encountering others’ trauma, and build an authentic, informed confidence in your role as an iRest teacher
- Consider challenges around trauma amongst your students that may arise in a group delivery and learn how to best respond
- Explore what it means to be embodied as a teacher and why this is so important when holding the space for meditative self inquiry
This live online workshop is three hours long. If you can't attend live then you can watch the recording for up to 8 weeks after the session is held.
You’ll explore the session’s theme as a group guided by your teacher, gaining new insight before sharing and collaborating in breakout rooms, and then integrating together through discussion and a nourishing iRest Yoga Nidra practice.
Scholarships are available.
Want to join the TCN to receive the discount? First log into your account. Once logged in, click on "Community" then click on "Join TCN" and complete the short form. Your TCN membership takes one day to process, so please register for this Skill-Building Workshop 24 hours after you sign up for the TCN.
Already a TCN member? Make sure you log into your account before you register in order to receive the 50% discount.
- Each workshop will be recorded and you can watch the replay for an 8-week period following each event.
- By registering for this workshop you are acknowledging that a recording may be used widely at a future date.
- Before purchasing this session, check out the entire series bundle by clicking here. Everyone who purchases the bundle will be able to access all eight recordings until January 31, 2023. TCN members get all eight sessions for the price of six.
9:30 AM–12:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
Zoom orientation begins 15 minutes before the start time.
Minimum requirement: Completion of Level 1 iRest Teacher Training.