This is the fourth session of a six-part monthly series open to all iRest teachers.
While the iRest protocol is inherently supportive of processing and relieving anxiety, its efficacy is greatly increased when you design practices with this specific focus in mind. If your student is in a highly anxious state, they require extra support and ease to be able to sit with their discomfort.
In this session you will:
- Learn what to do and what not to do when designing a class with the specific intention of meeting anxiety.
- Explore different ways to proactively tailor the iRest Protocol steps to help students address anxiety with extra fortification, relaxation, and courage.
- Expand your understanding of special considerations and challenges posed by anxiety and how to engage it as a wise messenger.
This session includes:
- Interactive group learning
- Breakout rooms for exploration with the iRest teacher community
- Group sharing and integration of new knowledge
- A nourishing yoga nidra practice
Please note: Recordings are now available! If you register for this event and can’t attend live, you will receive a link to the recording within 72 hours. You can access the recording for 2 months.
$45 USD for Teachers Community Network (TCN) members
$90 USD for non-members
Scholarships are available.
Want to join the TCN to receive the discount? First log into your account. Once logged in, click on "Community" then click on "Join TCN" and complete the short form. Your TCN membership takes one day to process, so please register for this Skill-Building Workshop 24 hours after you sign up for the TCN.
Already a TCN member? Make sure you log into your account before you register in order to receive the 50% discount.
In order to get the most value out of this session we encourage you to spend time considering your experience of using iRest to meet anxiety in your personal practice and when guiding others.
You’ll receive a brief welcome packet before the day of the workshop. Please read it so you’re prepared.
Pacific Daylight Time: Optional Zoom orientation - 9:45 AM; Program - 10:00 AM–1:00 PM
Eastern Daylight Time: Optional Zoom orientation - 12:45 PM; Program - 1:00 PM–4:00 PM
Minimum requirement: Completion of Level 1 iRest Teacher Training.