As iRest Teachers, we recognize the challenges and questions that tend to arise when we attempt to shorten a group practice delivery from its standard 35-minute length. We might ask ourselves, “How can the iRest protocol be shortened without losing the integrity of what defines iRest? How can I shorten a practice without speeding up like an auctioneer? Are there steps that can be subtracted, and are there other steps that must always be included? And… How is it exactly that I do all this?”
In this skill-building workshop, with Senior iRest Trainer Karen Soltes, you’ll:
- Develop confidence in how to shorten the protocol when circumstances require, while maintaining the essence of iRest Meditation
- Explore essential features of iRest in order to inform your understanding of how to abbreviate a practice
- Consider the nuts and bolts of shortening a practice while maintaining the structure of the protocol
- Reflect on the circumstances when shortening the protocol can be ideal
- Investigate how the guiding principles of iRest can support selective word choice, allowing you to skillfully pace a shorter delivery
This live online workshop is three hours long. If you can't attend live then you can watch the recording for up to 8 weeks after the session is held.
You’ll explore the session’s theme as a group guided by your teacher, gaining new insight before sharing and collaborating in breakout rooms, and then integrating together through discussion and a nourishing iRest Yoga Nidra practice.
Scholarships are available.
Want to join the TCN to receive the discount? First log into your account. Once logged in, click on "Community" then click on "Join TCN" and complete the short form. Your TCN membership takes one day to process, so please register for this Skill-Building Workshop 24 hours after you sign up for the TCN.
Already a TCN member? Make sure you log into your account before you register in order to receive the 50% discount.
- Each workshop will be recorded and you can watch the replay for an 8-week period following each event.
- By registering for this workshop you are acknowledging that a recording may be used widely at a future date.
- Before purchasing this session, check out the entire series bundle by clicking here. Everyone who purchases the bundle will be able to access all eight recordings until January 31, 2023. TCN members get all eight sessions for the price of six.
9:30 AM–12:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
Zoom orientation begins 15 minutes before the start time.
Minimum requirement: Completion of Level 1 iRest Teacher Training.