This new, monthly series is designed for iRest Teachers of all experience levels. Join us if you want to learn from a variety of Senior iRest Trainers and Supervisors, deepen your expertise, improve your teaching skills, and interact with other teachers in your community.
From July to December 2021, for three hours each month live online, you'll be guided through a specific theme by a different Senior iRest Trainer or Supervisor. You'll learn as a group, explore and share in breakout rooms, and return to integrate together before nourishing yourself with an on-theme yoga nidra practice.
This series is for you if:
- You're looking for a community and a place to share your experiences and ask questions.
- You want to deepen your understanding of specific steps in the iRest protocol.
- You want to expand your repertoire to increase the efficacy of your guidance.
- You want to explore how to teach in ways that are relatable, inclusive, and impactful.
- You want exposure to different teachers with specialized expertise.
- You can commit to one three-hour Saturday session per month, for six months.
- You're able to join us live from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time / 1 - 4 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time / 7 - 10 p.m. Central European Time. Sessions won't be recorded.
Monthly Workshop Details:
Session 1, July 10: Inner Resource in iRest: Exploring New Pathways to Ease with Kathleen Knipp
- Learn new ways to support your students in connecting to their Inner Resource.
- Explore what to do when a student is struggling to connect to their Inner Resource.
- Expand and improve your repertoire of prompts to increase their effectiveness in enabling students to access a deeper sense of wellbeing.
Session 2, August 7: Harnessing the Transformative Potential of Heartfelt Desire with Kirsten Guest
- Learn practical ways to facilitate a connection of Heartfelt Desire that's meaningful, accessible, and inclusive of all students.
- Explore instruction and language options for fostering relevant and relatable guidance.
- Expand your understanding of the different ways people connect to Heartfelt Desire.
Session 3, September 18: Effective Languaging for Deeply Sensing in iRest with Clearlight Gerald
- Learn what language is most effective in supporting students to move from their minds into their bodies.
- Explore how to help students move beyond thinking into body-centered feeling.
- Expand your toolset and confidence for enabling safe, supportive and transformative guidance into the body, breath, and emotions.
Session 4, October 2: Designing iRest to Meet Anxiety with Karen Soltes
- Learn what to do, what not to do, and how to specifically design a class to meet anxiety.
- Explore specific ways to proactively tailor the iRest Protocol to address anxiety.
- Expand your understanding of special considerations and challenges posed by anxiety.
Session 5, November 6: Designing iRest to Support Healthy Sleep with Robin Carnes
- Learn how to customize your guidance to create an effective practice for sleep.
- Explore effective ways to address common sleep challenges and what to avoid.
- Expand your offerings to include sleep-specific practices by learning how to integrate relevant research to communicate the benefits of sleep.
Session 6, December 4: Thriving as an iRest Teacher: The Power of Networking and Referrals with Ross and Kirsten Guest
- Learn how to be recognized in your community, get referrals, and get paid fairly.
- Explore different approaches for sharing the value of iRest with businesses and professionals.
- Expand your mindset around how to adapt a networking model to best support your needs as a teacher.
Buy the full series (six workshops for the price of five):
$225 USD for Teachers Community Network (TCN) members
$450 USD for non-members
Buy the first session only:
$45 USD for TCN members
$90 for non-members
Click here to register for the first session only.
Scholarships are available.
The presale ends on July 9. After that, individual registrations for sessions 2-6 will open on July 10.
Want to join the TCN to receive the discount? First log into your iRest account. Once logged in, click on "Community" then click on "Join TCN" and complete the short form.
In order to get the most value out of this series we encourage you to spend time considering your experience with each theme beforehand.
You'll receive a brief welcome packet before the day of each workshop with all the information you need to successfully participate in each live online workshop. Please read it so you're prepared.
10:00 AM–1:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (1:00 PM–4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time)
Minimum requirement: Completion of iRest Level 1 Teacher Training.