This study group breathes life into the ancient wisdom teachings that inform and support our understanding of how to live an enlightened life in daily circumstances. These form the basis of Richard Miller’s teachings of nondual awareness and iRest Yoga Nidra; they form exquisite guidelines to support indepth self-inquiry in the here and now, with our self, and in our relationships. Initially (Sessions 1-3) we examine the teachings of Sañkhya, which underlie Patañjali's Yoga Sutras. Then we turn into an in-depth exploration of Chapter I of Patañjali's 196 Yoga Sutras (Sessions 4-12). We chant the Invocation to Patañjali, followed by the particular sutras being covered. Each session is comprised of two audio recordings of approximately one and a half hours each. This compilation contains all course materials and audio files of the first year of the Flowering of Freedom study group.
Flowering of Freedom Sessions 1-12:
- The Sañkhya Karika
- Session 1: Laying the Foundation
- Session 2: Discriminating the Seer from the Seen
- Session 3: Liberation
- Patañjali's Yoga Sutra - Chapter I
- Session 4: Now We Begin - Yoga Defined Session
- 5: Five Categories of the Mind: Pancha Vrttis Session
- 6: Practice & Colorlessness: Abhyasa & Vairagya Session
- 7: Avoidance of Distractions: Samprajnata & Asamprajnata Samadhi Session
- 8: Ishvara & OM Session
- 9: Obstacles to Enlightenment & Overcoming Distractions Session
- 10: Freed from Distractions: Savitarka & Nirvitarka Samadhi Session
- 11: Enlightenment Session
- 12: Enlightenment
Recorded January-December, 2012 at The Sunrise Center Corte Madera, CA
Please note, you will receive this product as a zip file containing multiple audio files in mp3 format.
For information about downloading zip files to your computer or phone please check out our support page.