iRest® Certification Program Enrollment
*You must log in to your account on this site for this link to work, and it is necessary to have completed the iRest Level 1 Teacher Training to enroll in Certification. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Certified iRest Teachers will be able to demonstrate:
- An in-depth understanding of the foundational teachings, fundamental principles, and 10 steps of iRest.
- Personal experience with iRest.
- A strong competency delivering iRest to groups.
- Basic competency delivering iRest in one-on-one sessions.
What does iRest Certification entail?
- Completion of iRest Level 1 and Level 2 Trainings.
- A written exam (Learning Objective Assessment Tool, or “LOAT”), a Pointer Sister Journal, and completion of the Path of Meditation assignment (20–40 hours).
- Journaling one's personal practice of iRest and teaching experiences with groups and individuals.
- Five brief book reports on readings chosen from the iRest Certification Reading List.
- Submission of recordings of delivering iRest to groups and individuals.
- Attendance at a minimum of two authorized iRest retreats, whether preceding or following iRest Level 1 and 2 Teacher Trainings. One retreat must be a minimum of three days (short retreat), and one must be a minimum of five days (long retreat), led by an authorized instructor, with written reports on both. Each retreat counts as only one retreat. Please consult the iRest Institute events listing for authorized retreats.
- Support from an iRest Supervisor during the Certification process.
- Review of all iRest Certification assignments by the Supervisor, including four hours of personal interaction (by phone or in person) with the Supervisor. The review of assignments and supervision by the Supervisor leads to either a recommendation of the student for Certification or for further study. Please note that enrolling in the Certification process does not guarantee that the applicant will become a Certified iRest Teacher.
- Optional additional mentoring time with the Supervisor (beyond what is required by the Certification process) is available at the request of the Student at an additional per-hour fee.
iRest Certification FAQ
What if I have questions about iRest Certification? For iRest Certification questions, email email@example.com.
How do I enroll and pay? After attending an iRest Level 1 or Level 2 Training, you may enroll and pay a deposit as long as it has been no longer than 24 months after attending an iRest Training, Immersion or Retreat.
How much does the iRest Certification program cost? The cost of the iRest Certification program is $1900. If you have recently (within three weeks) completed an iRest Level 1 or Level 2 Training, you qualify to register for a reduced price of $1600. Please note, Certification program fees are normally paid in two installments.
How long will it take to complete iRest Certification? Students have 24 months from the time of enrollment to complete the iRest Certification program. If additional time is required, additional costs will apply.
Does enrolling in iRest Certification ensure that I will become a Certified iRest Teacher? iRest Certification is a professional designation for which students are required to meet a minimum standard. If the minimum requirements are not met during the initial 24 months, the student may be asked to complete additional studies and participate in supplementary supervision. Additional costs will apply.
What’s the difference between an iRest Level 1 and Level 2 Teacher, and a Certified iRest Teacher? While iRest Level 1 and Level 2 Teachers are trained and able to teach iRest to groups and in one-on-one sessions, there is a great degree of skill, knowledge and experience available through the completion of the iRest Certification program. It is more than just the next level beyond the iRest Level 2 Training, as it supports a much deeper and personal integration of the iRest practices into daily life and an ease of teaching the iRest protocol that naturally comes from independent and supervised study and practice.