Certified Teachers will be able to demonstrate:
- A basic understanding of the foundational teachings, fundamental principles and 10 steps of iRest.
- Personal experience with iRest.
- A basic competency delivering iRest to groups.
- A basic competency delivering iRest in one-on-one sessions.
What does Certification entail?
- Must complete Level 1 and Level 2 iRest Training.
- A written exam (Learning Objective Assessment Tool, or “LOAT”), a Pointer Sister Journal and completing the Path of Meditation assignment, 20-40 hours to complete.
- Journaling one's personal practice of iRest and teaching experiences with groups and individuals.
- Five brief book reports on readings chosen from the iRest Certification Reading List.
- Submission of recordings of delivering iRest to groups and individuals.
- Attendance at a minimum of two authorized IRI retreats. One retreat must be a minimum of three days, and one must be a minimum of five days, led by an authorized instructor, with written reports on both. Authorized retreats attended prior to attending the Level 1 & Level 2 Training may be counted towards this requirement. Each retreat counts as only one retreat. Please consult the IRI events webpage for a listing of authorized retreats.
- Supervision and support by an iRest Supervisor during the Certification process.
- Review of all iRest Certification Assignments by the Supervisor, including four (4) hours of personal interaction (by phone or in person) with the Supervisor. The review of assignments and supervision by the Supervisor leads to either a recommendation of the student for Certification or for further study. Please note that enrolling in the Certification process does not guarantee that the applicant will become a Certified iRest Teacher.
- Optional additional mentoring time with the Supervisor (beyond what is required by the Certification process) is available at the request of the Student at an additional per hour fee.
What if I have questions about certification? For answers to Certification Program questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I enroll and pay? After attending a Level 1 or Level 2 iRest Training, enroll and pay deposit.
How much does the Certification Program cost? The Certification Program costs is $1900. If you have recently (within three weeks) completed a Level 1 or Level 2 iRest Training you qualify to register for a reduced price of $1600. Please Note, Certification Program fees are normally paid in two installments.
How Long Will It Take To Complete Certification? Students have 24 months from the time of enrollment to complete iRest Certification Program. If additional time is required, additional costs will apply.
Does Enrolling In Certification Ensure That I Will Become a Certified iRest Teacher? iRest Certification is a professional designation for which students are required to meet a minimum standard. If the minimum requirements are not met during the initial 24-months, the student may be asked to complete additional studies and participate in supplementary supervision. Additional costs will apply.