Certified iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation Teacher
Professional Summary: An E-RYT 500, RPYT, YACEP, C-IAYT, C-iREST, C-WAE, I began meditating and practicing yoga in the 70's and teaching yoga in 1999. From 20 years of study in alignment-based yoga, my teaching focuses on anatomy, biomechanics, and integrative body/mind principles. Ever the student, I continue to study practical applications integrating therapeutic alignment-based yoga with Western medical approaches to healing.
I am a Certified Warriors at Ease teacher, Certified iRest® Yoga Nidra meditation teacher, am Cancer Exercise Specialist trained, and am a Y4A: Yoga for Amputees Master Trainer. I also am co-director of the Yoga Center of Columbia’s Yoga Teacher Training 200 program (YTT 200), and an adjunct teacher for their Yoga Teacher Training 300 program. I teach classes, workshops, retreats, and private lessons focusing on trauma-sensitive yoga and meditation, on adaptive yoga for students with post traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, amputation, or other special conditions, and on patients and survivors of cancer. My business page is Ever Practical Yoga, www.lucylomax.com, and my home studio is the Yoga Center of Columbia, www.columbiayoga.com.
23 yrs as Yoga Teacher, including:
• 20 yrs teaching therapeutic alignment-based yoga (7 as Certified Anusara Yoga® Teacher).
• 15 yrs, adjunct teacher of yoga teachers (including 9 yrs in YTT200, 5 yrs in YTT300 programs, and 8 yrs teaching continuing education for teachers)
• 3 yrs, co-director/teacher of advanced Yoga Study Immersion.
• 17 yrs teaching workshops and retreats
• 5 yrs Warriors at Ease Regional Program Coordinator for Ft. Meade, Maryland
• 4 yrs Master Teacher Trainer, Y4A: Yoga for Amputees
BS, Organizational Behavior, Columbia Union College, 1987 • Masters in Public Financial Management, MPFM, American University, 1990 • Certified Government Financial Manager, CGFM (retired)
Social/Volunteer Organizations 2015-present, Warriors at Ease teacher, program manager, lead teacher, Resiliency Yoga Program at Ft. Meade, MD - volunteer from 2015-2016 2016 - present, Director, and Head of Business Development Committee, Retreat Center of Maryland