iRest Level 2 Training
About iRest Level 2 Training
The iRest Level 2 Training is the most advanced iRest teacher training available. It is designed to provide you with a deeper understanding of the principles underlying the theory, practice and delivery of iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation so that you can hone your delivery of iRest to groups and individuals in public and professional settings and master your personal practice of iRest and self-discovery. Most, but not all, Level 2 Trainings offer 28-32 CE** hours available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN. Please see event details for specific CE offerings.
NOTE: You must complete the iRest Level 1 Training as a prerequisite to participate in the iRest Level 2 Training. To get the most from the Level 2 Training please come prepared by logging into the Teacher Resources Webpage and then downloading the PDFs here.
Level 2 Learning Objectives:
- Receive advanced training in teaching iRest to groups and individuals
- Participate in advanced group lectures and peer discussion groups
- Understand the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues and ethical considerations
- Receive advanced iRest experiential group and one-on-one practice sessions
- Enhance your understanding of the historical context and the path of meditation in which iRest is embedded
- Learn Eastern and Western psycho-spiritual views that inform iRest and the path of meditation
- Learn about evidence-based research showing the efficacy of iRest with different populations
- Deepen your personal practice of iRest
What else do I need to know?
Upon completion of the Level 2 Training you are eligible to:
- Be listed on the iRest website as an iRest Level 2 Teacher
- Work as an assistant on an iRest research project
- Audit Level 2 Trainings at reduced rates
- Assist at Introductory, Level 1 and Level 2 trainings and retreats
- Access the valuable "iRest Teacher's Resource Webpage" to download iRest teaching materials and professionally designed promotional brochures, flyers, and more!
- Join the iRest "Teacher's Community Network" (TCN) (additional fees apply)
"Richard has created a program that delivers the profound experience of our fundamental wholeness to not only spiritual seekers, but other people as well such as vets, homeless, and children. I highly recommend this training for anyone interested in learning how to help people heal with an easily accessible method to access profound truth of their true nature." -Lama Palden Drolma, Founder of the Sukhasiddhi Foundation
View the complete listing of upcoming iRest Trainings and Retreats.
Upcoming iRest Yoga Nidra Level 2 Trainings
*The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs and MFTs from California for programs from American Psychological Association approved CE providers. LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health Counselors from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP 16887) to sponsor continuing education for Registered Nurses (RN). RNs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.