This Level 2 training includes updated material and an expanded manual. Teachers of all experience levels who want to update their knowledge, refine their skills, and learn the latest information are encouraged to join us.
LIVE ONLINE PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENT: Live online participation is required to receive an iRest Level 2 Certificate of Completion and classification as an iRest Level 2 Teacher. Attendance will be tracked during each session.
What does the updated iRest Level 2 Teacher Training entail?
The goal of this 5-day practical and experiential training is to deepen your comprehension of iRest philosophy, and develop an in-depth understanding of how to adapt the practice for working with specific groups of people (e.g. students or clients), and in particular areas of interest (e.g. trauma or pain).
You’ll gain more experience in delivering group practices and co-meditation dyads, and learn how to work towards becoming script free with confidence and skill.
This intensive training builds on your Level 1 foundational knowledge and is the next step toward becoming a Certified iRest Teacher. You’ll dive deeper into the key underlying philosophies, including nondualism. You’ll integrate the next level of experiential understanding as it relates to Being, Presence, and Awareness; ultimately transforming your personal practice and grounding your teaching ability.
What does this expanded training cover?
- The essential components and principles as to what makes iRest, iRest
- Enhanced practical teaching skills including the updates and changes to the iRest protocol
- How to explain and describe the 10 steps of iRest and the 38-stage map of meditation
- Recognizing blind spots and tracking when trying to fix or change yourself and students
- How to interview and deliver orienting talks for specific iRest steps and koshas
- Understanding Resonance and Presence when working with groups and individuals
- Discussions around the essential and supplemental principles of iRest
- Teaching methodologies for staying aligned with iRest
- New ways to meet emerging material when teaching groups or in co-meditation dyad sessions
- iRest as a trauma-informed practice
- How to design iRest classes, series, and workshops
- Advanced skills and training for teaching iRest to groups and one-on-one
- Exploring the teacher-student relationship, teaching issues, and ethical considerations
- Advanced experiential group and one-on-one iRest practice sessions
- Evidence-based research proving the efficacy of iRest for various conditions, like post-traumatic stress injury, and sleep disorders
- An updated and expanded Level 2 manual with new teaching themes, orienting talks for each kosha, orienting questions to use when interviewing students, and supportive materials for preparing iRest classes and workshops
Is this training right for me?
Yes! If you’re committed to the path of becoming a Certified iRest Teacher, or are ready to step into the role of iRest Level 2 Teacher.
This training is also recommended if you want to integrate a deeper understanding of all aspects of iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation and further explore the nondual wisdom and ancient lineage that underlie iRest.
Previous Level 2 Graduates:
“Another really remarkable learning experience! This training did an excellent job building on Level 1 in a way that is already taking both my personal and teaching practices to new levels.”
“Another “eye opening” level of iRest which has boosted my confidence in myself personally and in teaching this beautiful practice.”
“With the iRest training the focus isn't on just learning a skill to use out in the world, but rather on helping us create a rich practice of our own that guides us in helping others to find the same thing for themselves.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to be an iRest Level 1 Teacher to do this training?
Yes, our Level 1 Teacher Training is a requirement. While there is no suggested time frame recommended between Level 1 and Level 2, we hope that following your Level 1, you’ve been able to teach group practices and/or dyads in a variety of settings. Gaining experience in teaching groups and offering dyads will enhance your learning as a Level 2 participant because you will have direct and informed questions based on your ground of experience.
- Can I take this training if I’m not currently teaching?
Yes, as long as you’ve completed our Level 1 Teacher Training and ideally have some teaching experience. Or, you’re interested in deepening your personal practice and exploration of nondual philosophy.
- I haven’t perfected everything from the Level 1 Training, can I still take this advanced training?
Learning is an iterative process. We offer a supportive and dynamic learning environment. If you have a clear understanding of the basics of the iRest Protocol, and some teaching experience, please join us.
- I only use iRest tools in one-on-one settings, will this training be valuable for me?
Absolutely, this training will evolve and improve your facilitation of co-meditation dyads.
- Is the history and philosophy religious or dogmatic in nature?
No, as you learned in Level 1, iRest supports first-hand experiential understanding, pointing each individual within. The teachings fully support this approach.
Early Bird Price: $1,695 USD (Available through August 19, 2023)
Regular Price: $1,795 USD
Auditor Price: If you have taken a Level 2 Training before, you may audit this training for $600 USD.
A Certificate of Completion for the iRest Yoga Nidra Level 1 Training
† CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Academy (SCA) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Academy is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Academy maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
SCA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. RNs must retain their certificate of attendance for 4 years after the course concludes.
For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about CE, contact Spiritual Competency Academy at email@example.com.